This privacy statement was last changed on December 29, 2020, last checked on December 29, 2020, and applies to citizens of Canada.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://slingmax.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
1. Purpose and categories of data
Categories of personal information to be collected and the purpose for which the categories shall be used.
1.1 We use your data for the following purpose:
Contact - Through phone, mail, email and/or webforms
The following categories of data are collected
- A first and last name
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town
- An email address
- A telephone number
- IP address
2. Sharing with other parties
We only share or disclose this data to other recipients for the following purposes:
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
3. How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Our website responds to and supports the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behavior.
We have concluded a data Processing Agreement with Google.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
6. Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
7. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
8. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person. We shall provide the requested information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. You can contact us by using the information below.
8.1 You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- You may submit a request for access to the data we process about you.
- You may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you.
- You may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant. Where appropriate, the amended information shall be transmitted to third parties having access to the information in question.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You will be informed of the implications of such withdrawal.
- You have the right to address a challenge concerning non-compliance with PIPEDA to our organization and, if the issue is not resolved, to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- We shall give access to personal information in an alternative format to an individual with a sensory disability who has a right of access to personal information under PIPEDA and who requests that it be transmitted in the alternative format if (a) a version of the information already exists in that format; or (b) its conversion into that format is reasonable and necessary in order for the individual to be able to exercise rights.
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
10. Contact details
We have appointed a contact person for the organization’s policies and practices and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
BackupsPer the functionality of this plugin, backups of your website files and/or database are created and stored locally on your server and/or remotely on 3rd party servers based on the settings of this plugin. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, uploads and user information. These backups are stored to provide critical functionality of this plugin.
CookiesCookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups.
Plugin SettingsSome plugin settings ask for an email address or login credentials to 3rd party services. This is stored to provide functional features to the plugin.
Recent ActivityThis plugin tracks dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
LoggingThis plugin logs some personal information such as email addresses, usernames, database and server information. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
How long we retain your data
BackupsBackup retention is completely up to the website owner. This can vary from less than one minute to indefinitely.
CookiesCookies used during the restore/import process expire after 24 hours.
Plugin SettingsSettings are retained indefinitely until they are changed or removed manually.
Where we send your data
BackupsBackups are not automatically sent to remote destinations automatically, however backups can be configured to be sent to third-party servers.
How we protect your data
BackupsBackup zip files are stored with hashed file names to prevent filename guessing and directory browsing is disabled.
What third parties we receive data from
Backup DestinationsBackups can be sent to third-party destination servers, including but not limited to:
EWWW Image Optimizer
By default, the EWWW Image Optimizer does not store any personal data nor share it with anyone.If you accept user-submitted images and use the API or Easy IO, those images may be transmitted to third-party servers in foreign countries. If Backup Originals is enabled, images are stored for 30 days. Otherwise, no images are stored on the API for longer than 30 minutes. Suggested API Text: User-submitted images may be transmitted to image compression servers in the United States and stored there for up to 30 days. Suggested Easy IO Text: User-submitted images that are displayed on this site will be transmitted and stored on a global network of third-party servers (a CDN).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
CookiesSuggested text: Some forms on this site require the use of Google's reCAPTCHA service before they can be submitted. If you consent to use Google's reCAPTCHA service, a cookie is created that stores your consent. This cookie deletes itself after thirty days. Suggested text: Visiting the login page sets a temporary cookie that aids compatibility with some alternate login methods. This cookie contains no personal data and expires after 1 hour.
Security LogsSuggested text: The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.