This privacy statement was last updated on December 23, 2019 and applies to citizens of the United Kingdom.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://slingmax.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
1. Purpose, data and retention period
- Name, Address and City
- Email address
- IP Address
- Telephone number
2. Sharing with other parties
5. Third party websites
6. Amendments to this privacy statement
7. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
8. Submitting a complaint
9. Data Protection Officer
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
11. Contact details
Slingmax® Rigging Solutions
205 Bridgewater Road, Aston, PA 19014
Phone number: (610) 485-8500
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
BackupsPer the functionality of this plugin, backups of your website files and/or database are created and stored locally on your server and/or remotely on 3rd party servers based on the settings of this plugin. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, uploads and user information. These backups are stored to provide critical functionality of this plugin.
CookiesCookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups.
Plugin SettingsSome plugin settings ask for an email address or login credentials to 3rd party services. This is stored to provide functional features to the plugin.
Recent ActivityThis plugin tracks dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
LoggingThis plugin logs some personal information such as email addresses, usernames, database and server information. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
How long we retain your data
BackupsBackup retention is completely up to the website owner. This can vary from less than one minute to indefinitely.
CookiesCookies used during the restore/import process expire after 24 hours.
Plugin SettingsSettings are retained indefinitely until they are changed or removed manually.
Where we send your data
BackupsBackups are not automatically sent to remote destinations automatically, however backups can be configured to be sent to third-party servers.
How we protect your data
BackupsBackup zip files are stored with hashed file names to prevent filename guessing and directory browsing is disabled.
What third parties we receive data from
Backup DestinationsBackups can be sent to third-party destination servers, including but not limited to:
EWWW Image Optimizer
By default, the EWWW Image Optimizer does not store any personal data nor share it with anyone.If you accept user-submitted images and use the API or Easy IO, those images may be transmitted to third-party servers in foreign countries. If Backup Originals is enabled, images are stored for 30 days. Otherwise, no images are stored on the API for longer than 30 minutes. Suggested API Text: User-submitted images may be transmitted to image compression servers in the United States and stored there for up to 30 days. Suggested Easy IO Text: User-submitted images that are displayed on this site will be transmitted and stored on a global network of third-party servers (a CDN).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
CookiesSuggested text: Some forms on this site require the use of Google's reCAPTCHA service before they can be submitted. If you consent to use Google's reCAPTCHA service, a cookie is created that stores your consent. This cookie deletes itself after thirty days. Suggested text: Visiting the login page sets a temporary cookie that aids compatibility with some alternate login methods. This cookie contains no personal data and expires after 1 hour.
Security LogsSuggested text: The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.